Thursday, December 31, 2015

A Notice and a Thank You!

Hello everyone. Thank you very much for reading Crossing Nebraska! I have a message that might be of interest to readers in the European Union. It has come to my attention that E.U. law requires notification regarding the use of cookies by websites and blogs such as this one. As such, you likely saw a banner at the top of the page that looks like this:

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

While I can't begin to vouch for everything that goes on involving cookies collected when you read my blog, I can say that it allows me to know how many visitors I've had, from what countries, and from what referring sites. I don't collect any ad revenue or any other revenue from this site. Given that Google is providing me this blog platform for free, on which I post a wealth of content for free, and which is read all over the world for free, I am considering the collection of cookies a very minor transaction cost.

So, I hope this notice won't keep you from accepting the cookie policy and reading on. It is certainly one of the joys of my existence to know that something that I've written is being enjoyed by people all over the world! Happy New Year!

Mark Frank 

No comments:

Post a Comment